London life II

I was reading a mag last night where London was listed as one of the most expensive city in the world. I can honestly agree that it’s true that London is one of the most expensive city.

I live in Enfield, North London borough that forms part of outer London. The most expensive thing is accommodation. London accommodation is higher compared to other cities. The costs are just ridiculous for many people especially students. Many students complain about their rent. Good deals are difficult to find as everyone is on the hunt.

In my experience I found it cheaper for students to live in the outer zones of London and pay cheap accommodation but also bearing in mind the cost of travel.

There are other times when we debate whether to go out or not because of the cost of travel. But as I have already stated in my other London life post that it’s important to have an oyster student card that offers 30% discount.

Food is also expensive. It may sound funny but its true. As far as I know many students also find food to be very expensive although prices vary depending on the location and shops where people do their shopping.

Standard of living in London is very high and if not careful one can incur debts. It’s very important to do some research to avoid the worst.

Comments

Cryton said…
The far from the capital the cheaper it becomes. That explains why some of us are staying in the freezing North East. By the way your blog has a fantastic new face! Cheers

Popular Posts