Chikulamayembe now Paramount chief

Themba chikulamanyembe is now the first paramount chief, the highest – level traditional leader in Rumphi, Malawi. This is extraordinary honour to the chief as well to us the Nkhamanga people.

The big event took place in Bolero, Rumphi. Apparently the president was there to promote the chief to the position of Paramount chief. This is very important and something that we the Nkhamangas have always wanted. Am very happy about this and I think people will be move forward and it will make a difference to Nkhamanga.

I believe as the first paramount chief, His role will be quite challenging and he has more to do ahead of him. I wish him all the best.

The occasion seems to have been combined with the normal Chiphikiro celebrations. I remember my family and I never used to miss Chiphikiro, which is held every October (celebrating the day he was made chief)

I was the one who marked the calendar in order for the family not to forget. I shall always treasure the memories of the occasions and its sad that I miss such an extraordinary event, the disadvantage of being far from home. (Hahahaha)

Comments

Masida said…
Hi,

Just read your blog on the instalation of the Chikulamayembe.

It gives me pride to know that there are young pipo in the diaspora who are in tune with their tradition.Your are a PLUS!!!

I hail from Luviri,Vitendwe Village.My clan is the Kasokolokas though i'm based in Zambia.

Would be nice to hear from you more often.

Best regards,

Norman Gondwe

Popular Posts