Normal Friendship

I know it’s going to sound a bit silly but still I will talk about it. Last week on my way from college i sat next to a lady on the underground train, probably in her early thirties. She offered me a newspaper to read. After reading the paper we started talking. I told her that am from Malawi.

She explained that she knew more about Malawi from the time Madonna adopted baby David and she gave me her opinion of the human right group in Malawi. we chatted a lot about different things. She seemed to be a well-rounded individual.

To be honest, I quite enjoyed her company, very jovial and made me laugh. I didnt hesitate in giving her my number when I was getting off the tube.

Later that night the lady called me, we had a brief chat and promised to call back the next day.

To my dismay, I discovered that the lady was a lesbian and asked me for things which I don’t think I could provide to a fellow woman. I didn’t wanna upset her as much as she had done, so I told her my battery was running low and immediately I cut the line.

The next morning I sent her a text in which I mentioned that there wasn’t anything wrong with her but I am 100% straight and i would have appreciated a normal friendship between us.

since then she has never phoned me again and i hope we wont bump into each other because that would be a 101. My sister laughed about it and commented that I would have tried my luck.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just wanted to ask if mzuzu was near a place called the kawalazi estates I may have spelt that wrong or if you were related to Nelli gondwe sister of Getrude, Anitta or Martha because I think I know you by relation my name is Angela Gondwe if not sorry to have wasted your time.
Hi Angela,
Sorry that i had to reply using my blog because you didnt leave your email address.

Yes,Mzuzu is close kawalazi estate and with regards to Nelie Gondwe, I think she just shares the same name with my aunt who lives in Blantyre. She was married to late Mr M.P Ndovi. Her sisters are Mercy and Mable. It could be that we are related but My Father comes from Bolero, Rumphi and he has some relations in Chilumba and Mwenelondo in Karonga. Thank you.

Popular Posts