Dont let good friends go. Keep them!

Thursday the 28th May. This is one of the days in my life that will never be forgotten. I went to meet the registrar to go through some of my private documents!! As she went through them, she pointed out one mistake that I had done. When I looked at it, I explained to her the reason I had done it that way. She stated that I didn’t get the procedures right!! Having sat on those forms for a month in my room, I didn’t understand how I couldn't got them right. I took out the policy and procedure from my bag and read them to her. She understood what the PP said however to be on the right side, I needed to go by what the actual document had stated.

I realised i was in trouble. The only thing Mercy is good at when faced with a problem is letting the tears roll. My tears really rolled while stamping on my feet. Where was I going to get £710.00 in 2.5hrs? Who was going to lend me such a large amount?

After crying for 5 mins, I started thinking of solutions. I ruled out my parents because I needed to be sorted ASAP. Went to top up my phone. While there, I met a friend who explained that we were having the same problem and that calmed me down! We went to Starbucks; he asked what i wanted to drink and i told him i wanted a cup of Coffee. We had a brief chat and he left to seek help.

I prayed to God asking him to help me. I know like many people, prayer is a challenge and mostly I remember God when am in trouble and this shouldn’t be the case.
I started calling friends and all of them helped. One of them who surprised me was this guy who we used to be good friends. Somehow we stopped talking because I felt he betrayed me. I trusted him but as human he slipped and instead of dealing with the issue in a matured way, I didn’t feel I could trust him hence I reduced the level of friendship.

People knew we were good friends and I know within the Malawian community if people wanted to catch up with what was happening in my life (Gossip) they were calling him. I remember one day I got a call from one of them guys who knows both of us asking what happened between us and also stated that people were wondering.

Anyhow this guy deposited more than what I asked for within 40mins of calling him. The guy was at work and managed to get permission from his boss to carry out the transaction for me. Together with my own balance plus deposits from other friends, my account had tripled.

This was a miracle to me!! What I considered to be a big problem was solved within an hour. From this I realised few things: maintaining good levels of friendship and trust is very important because you do not know who will help you. No matter how people disappoint you, be calm and let it go. After all we are all human and bound to make mistakes. The choice of friends is also important!

Comments

Popular Posts